Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mobile Number Portablity ( From Aircel to Vodafone)

MNP came on 20th and i ran to the vodafone store to get my operator changed but i was not aware of the challenges which came on my way.

We have to message PORT [your number] to 1900 and i messaged but i think aircel didnt want to let me go and hence it messaged my unique ID very late, which is very mandatory for this procedure. And dont forget to take your id proof along with one photograph. After you fill all the forms they will give you their own simcard and tell you that this will become active in 7 days. Mind IT!! 7 days.. :P because it did not happen in 7 days.. :P I again had to go to the vodafone store and told them that this is not done. They sent me home saying that there is some technical fault and it will take aroun 7 more days. :-o. And then one fine day!! which came almost after 10 days. My sim card registeration failed and Vodafone sim was activated, i was so happy that i cant tell you. :P But then.....

People randomly called up my room-mate telling me that my number was not existing and i was like WTH! :D and then i realised that people were not able to call me, but i was able to call everyone only if i had balance. You will get yoour vodafone activated with 2 rs balance and pay per second calling. I thought let me recharge it online but then the transactions failed because i was not able to get the messages. And even e reacharge was not able to help, sadly, i spent around rs 500 on such things and then finally i had to go to a shop and get the scratch card and then only i got it working. So, i was like crippled for almost 2 days. Some of my friends who are out of station are still not able to call me.

But this was not it. I had heard that vodafone is famous for its GPRS so i wanted to activate it on my phone. I called customer care. They told me to message ACT VL to 144, which i did and then i had to message S [your IMEI number] to 52586. After these series of events i got the settings and saved them. But still my GPRS is not working. I keep calling customer care but they are not able to help. And the network isnt good, like I expected.

I am not still not able to make out that which is worse, Aircel or Vodafone but i will have to say that i miss my Aircel because of its schemes and GPRS. It was cheaper with the same quality of network. So this blog was to aware you about the loopholes in the procedures if you go for MNP.
All the best.. :)

3 comments:

  1. Hey you ran to the store !!! no mention of me??
    main bhi gaya tha

    :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. GPRS works now. I didnt know that i had to switch off my phone after getting the message. :)
    thanks to the above person. My gprs works just fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such anonymity :p
    Btw
    Mera sentence grammatically incorrect ho gaya :ㅣ

    ReplyDelete